Thursday, October 29, 2009

Icecream for Breakfast



Ice cream for breakfast

Mother Earth, surround me with your love
Destiny, don't be hard on my soul
A tear dropped while I was watching TV
I felt despair when I read the news
I asked God for forgiveness
I begged he would understand
I complained all week about dirty clothes
While a pregnant woman was killed in front of her son!
I wanted to get the latest fashion of Paris
While in Salvador the water destroyed a town
And took a mother’s most valuable treasure
Her four year old boy
It was my ignorance that kept from understanding
There's so much pain out there
There's so little time to realize the value of life
I don't want to waste my time anymore
There will be time for frivolous things
I want to dedicate my afternoon to you
I want to sit down and do nothing
I just want to spend hours staring at you
Staring at my proud family
Staring at my precious friends
I'm sorry for the calls I never returned
Because I was a slave to my own rules
Spending my time on things that will never hug me
Things that will never appreciate my life
It is not so late to start all over this game
To pay no attention to hate
Pay no attention if my clothes don't match
What if one day we all stay home?
What if we eat ice cream for breakfast?
Let's just keep that secret between us
Please promise you will enjoy your life more
Promise me, promise me … please!
I can probably express my feelings
Better than others
I can probably read your mind
By the way you look at the sky
I know you have things to cry over, but you don't
You rather hide them, avoid them
Because there is no time to cry over things
You got to wash your face and keep working
To dress well, to bring food to your table.
Let's be honest to ourselves and clean our souls for once
Let's cry our eyes out and talk to God out loud!
No need to tell me what you told him
Do it at your own pace
I just want to see a smile on your face
Next time I see you around
Alone I can't make a difference
Maybe you can help me
If together we pray
Each of us in our own home
Without knowing each other’s names
We can be fighting to reach the same goal
Something that sounds so unreal
And I will probably won't live to see it
Peace on earth for the generations to come
Don't you dare to lose the faith!



Copyright © 2009. LauraOrvieto.com. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home